Want to apply for multiple courses? Click HERE
Light refreshments provided.
To enable the participants to:
1) consider the effectiveness of the governing bodies and their committees in conducting the business now expected of them
2) review some typical problem areas and recommendations for improvement
3) examine alternative ways of working to increase capacity without increasing workload.
The role and function that Governing Body committees have in leading the school and raising
standards. This will include:
1) The statutory framework related to Governing Body and their Committees.
2) Considering the role of the committee in the school improvement process.
3) Examining the present, and future, challenges that face, and will face, Governing Bodies and their Committees.
4) Ideas for self-evaluating the effectiveness of the Governing Body and its Committees.
5) Reviewing alternative Committee models and structures, and also Terms of Reference.
Currently serving as a School Governor in a Bury school.
Tuesday 6th February 2018 (12.30 to 3.00pm)