Want to apply for multiple courses? Click HERE
Please bring own refreshments.
To enable the participants to understand their responsibilities for health and safety management within school.
1) Legal considerations - outline duties under H&S legislation.
2) Managing health and safety in school - Schools H&S Framework, H&S Policy; Responsibilities;
Arrangements; Monitoring and Review.
3) Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses - reporting; investigation; prevention.
4) Risk Assessment - managing risks in school; using Schools Risk Assessment Strategy.
5) Schools Competency Framework - Governor competencies; underpinning knowledge.
Powerpoint presentation and group work
Suitable for all governors
Thursday 5 October (6-9pm)