Want to apply for multiple courses? Click HERE
Sandwiches will be provided at the start of the session
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility and school/college staff play an important part of the wider safeguarding system for children.
It is therefore vital that school leaders and governors are have a full understanding of the statutory guidance and their responsibilities in relation to the school/college staff, volunteers and most importantly the children.
This short seminar will provide governors with a comprehensive overview of the key changes in the latest (2018) edition of Keeping Children Safe in Education, including:
- Children with SEN and Disabilities
- Online Safety
- Contextual Safeguarding
- Emergency Contacts for Children
- Use of Reasonable Force
- Peer on Peer Abuse
- GDPR and Information Sharing
- Transition from LSCBs
- Volunteer Risk Assessments, and much more
- This seminar is a useful introduction prior to school leaders and governors undertaking the practical workshop ‘Safeguarding for Governors and Trustees: Understanding your Strategic Responsibilities’
For disabled access please use the ramp from the rear car park.
Wednesday 12th December 6.00 to 8.00pm