The Spring Term meeting of the BGA will be held at the Masonic Hall in Bury (on Parsons Lane behind Wilkinsons) starting at 7.00pm on Thursday 30th March. Tea/coffee/cold drinks will be available.
Governors and Trustees will have the opportunity to meet Bury’s new Principal Governance Officer, Amy Appleyard, and to receive an update from Director of Education and Skills, Isobel Booler. Isobel’s briefing will cover:
- General Children Services Update – New Bury Council Chief Executive/ CSC improvement /Education and SEND overview
- Funding formula – decisions made by Schools Forum that impact school budgets (including supporting Project Safety Valve)
- Project Safety Valve and SEND improvement Update
- This will cover the work that Peter Hudson is doing regards mapping the resource provision in Bury being best placed to serve pupils
- Stephen Holden’s project to evaluate boroughwide school improvement requirements
It’s also a great opportunity to network with other Governors and Trustees.
We hope to see you there.